The Ollinger-Cobb House in Milton, Florida, is a historic testament to Florida’s rich and varied architectural past. Added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1983, the landmark house is a Gulf Coast Cottage–style building with Gothic-inspired elements, giving it a truly unique and imposing personality all its own.
The house was built in 1971 by Joseph Ollinger, whose brother William built the area’s first floating drydock in Bagdad. The Ollinger family were prominent Gulf Coast merchants and shipbuilders.
A house this historically rich and architecturally captivating practically begs for photos, and it’s almost impossible to take a bad one here. The house is ready for its close-up at 302 Pine Street in Milton. Sunny days showcase the home’s fresh and classic Florida cottage appeal, while a cloudy backdrop or post-dusk shadows emphasize the haunting Gothic design details.
More Downtown Milton Photo Ops
If shooting the Ollinger-Cobb House made you feel like exercising your photography skills further, a walking tour of historic downtown Milton reveals many other photo-worthy buildings and settings. Grab your camera and head downtown to capture some of the rich architecture of Milton’s historic homes, churches, and businesses.
- The Chaffin House – A Greek Revival–style house built in 1861 by county sheriff Isaiah Cobb; located at 6825 Oak Street.
- Santa Rosa County Courthouse – A downtown Milton centerpiece, dating from 1927; located at 6865 Caroline Street.
- Mary’s Episcopal Church – A Carpenter Gothic gem built in 1877 by a group of prominent Milton families; located at 6842 Oak Street.
- Old Milton Drug Store – Built in 1910 after a fire destroyed the original building; located at 5216 Willing Street.
- Imogene Theatre – A Renaissance Revival–style building constructed as a vaudeville theater in 1912 and holds the distinction of being the only three-story building in Milton; located at 6866 Caroline Street.
You might also like: Where to Go for Breakfast, Brunch, or Lunch Near Milton, FL
Camera-Ready Cars at McKenzie Motors Buick GMC
We think our inventory of cars, trucks, and SUVs is pretty as a picture, too. Come by our dealership and see for yourself. You’ll find a complete lineup of brand-new Buick and GMC models, plus a variety of pre-owned vehicles from a number of different manufacturers. And if you could photograph our savings, you’d have a money shot. We price every vehicle on our lot competitively from the outset, and then we add in special savings and incentives to make an affordable vehicle even more budget friendly! Visit us today and let us help you find the perfect car at the perfect price.