It starts with good grades. But goes beyond.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program rewards students who have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom—and who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. It’s a reward for what you’ve made of yourself and the difference you are making for others.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is offering up to $25,000 per year for 50 first-time freshmen or existing college students, renewable for up to four years and one additional year for those entering a qualified five-year engineering program. It’s funded by the GM Foundation—which has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to deserving charities, educational organizations and disaster relief efforts worldwide since 1976—the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program continues to be one of the nation’s most impactful scholarship programs.
Buick Achievers Applicant Qualifications
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduate students.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2015–16 academic year. Proprietary and online schools are not eligible.
- Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering, Technology, or select Design and Business related programs of study. See the list of eligible majors.
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
Excluded from consideration are employees and relatives of employees of Scholarship Management Services, Scholarship America and their affiliates and subcontractors, and GM Foundation directors, officers and staff and their relatives. Although GM employees are not eligible, relatives of General Motors employees are eligible.
Only online applications will be accepted. To access the application, click the Apply link. Carefully read the scholarship program guidelines and follow the complete list of application procedures.
The first step in the application process is to register as an applicant. Once you register you must activate your account by opening the automated email sent to you and click its activation link. You may then log in and complete the application. Click here to be reminded when they start taking applications.
Good luck! McKenzie Motors is rooting for you!