Very few things could capture the spirit of summer better than live music at the beach. Bands on the Beach is a popular summer concert series at Pensacola Beach. Organized and hosted by the Santa Rosa Island Authority, the recurring summer-long event draws music lovers and beach devotees each year. Bands on the Beach features talented regional artists performing a wide variety of music for listeners’ enjoyment.
Running each Tuesday from April through October (starting at 7 p.m.), the Bands on the Beach series concerts take place at Gulfside Pavilion overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Bring your lawn chairs and a few friends to enjoy an evening of music, fresh sea air, and laid-back fun.
A complete listing of the bands scheduled to perform during this year’s Bands on the Beach is available online. Here are the ones scheduled for the five May concerts:
- Twang Gang – This seven-piece band features hits from the 1970s era of “outlaw” country music, including songs by Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Garth Brooks, among many others. Scheduled for May 1, 2018.
- True Blue Band – This high-energy band from Gulf Breeze performs a variety of R&B and soul music. Concertgoers can expect to hear classic hits like “Hey Jude,” “Come Together,” “She Loves You,” and many more. Scheduled for May 8, 2018.
- Mass Kunfuzion – This Pensacola group has become a Bands on the Beach staple; this will be their seventh year performing for the concert series. They entertain audiences with a wide array of music from classic rock to ’80s-era tunes to today’s hits. Scheduled for May 15.
- Deception – Jazz, classical, oldies, R&B, pop, country … Deception covers pretty much every musical genre you could hope for. Audiences love the “deceptively” big sound that comes from this small band. Scheduled for May 22.
- I’MAGENE – Based in the Florida Panhandle, this four-piece band describes their music as retro electro-soul. They pride themselves on eliciting emotion from each song they perform, ensuring that the audience is invested and the experience memorable. Scheduled for May 29.
You might also like:
Let the Music Move You to McKenzie Motors Buick GMC
At McKenzie Motors Buick GMC, our low prices will be music to your ears. Our dealership stocks a fantastic inventory of brand-new Buick and GMC models as well as a varied selection of high-quality pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVs. The best part? All of our vehicles, new and used, are priced to sell quickly. In addition, we offer a whole range of specials and incentives that can make the car of your dreams more affordable than you ever imagined. Visit us today and see how much you can save on a new or used car.