Sometimes when you think about Saint Patrick’s Day it is hard to see past some of the “rowdier” festivities that surround the holiday that come with lots of green beer and adult celebrations. This may leave Milton, Florida area parents feeling a little left out when trying to find a way to celebrate with their little ones! Luckily there are actually a lot of simple things parents living in and around Milton, Florida can do when it comes to Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day with their kids!
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Home
One great thing about St. Patrick’s Day is that there are so many free and easy ways to get your kids excited about the occasion without even leaving the house! You can try one or all of the “at-home” activities to get the whole family in on the fun!
- Lucky Charms – Start off your day with an easy breakfast that is “Magically Delicious”! (Add “green” milk for added effect!)
- Go Green! – Get some green food coloring and add a little green to just about everything you eat all day!
- Shamrock Crafts – Break out your craft supplies & try your luck at making shamrocks!
- Scavenger Hunt – Create a themed scavenger hunt for your kids that has a nice “Pot of Gold” at the end of their Scavenger hunt rainbow!
- Find Some Luck – If you know where some clovers are, get outside and go on the hunt for that special 4-luck clover!
Explore the Milton Area for St. Patrick’s Day Treats
Even if you aren’t attending a huge festival or parade for Saint Patrick’s Day, you can still explore your area and try to find as many Saint Patrick’s Day treats as possible. You could turn even turn this into another scavenger hunt if you want to! Here are some businesses that have advertised Saint Patrick’s Day treats in the Milton & Pensacola area, but there may be more that haven’t “pre-advertised” their items (that’s where the “hunt” part of the scavenger hunt comes in!).
- Milton Quality Bakery – This local favorite will have Shamrock Cookies & Holiday Themed Cupcakes for the occasion!
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts – St. Patrick’s Day Green Original Glazed Doughnut
- Krystal’s – It may not be green, but many area Krystal’s locations are allowing you to “get lucky” on Saint Patrick’s Day by getting 10 Classic Krystal’s & 10 Wings all for ONLY $10! This will balance out all that green sugar you have been getting all day!
not all franchises are participating, make sure you call your Krystal’s before you head out to make sure they are a participating location
- McDonald’s – McCafé Shamrock Shake
Spend the Whole Day at Landshark Landing in Pensacola
You can add it in with the rest of your activities, or make a whole day out of it and take the entire family to Landshark Landing in Pensacola for a day full of St. Patrick’s Day Family Fun Activities. This is a family-friendly event that will start at 11:00 AM and run through 10:00 PM and include a scavenger hunt, Shamrock Scramble and a Gold Coin Toss. After 6:00 PM there is going to be live music to close out the night!
Trust McKenzie Motors, you don’t want to be green with envy this Saint Patrick’s Day by missing out on all the fun there is to be had! Plan ahead and get in on the action with all of these amazing family friendly activities in and around Milton, Florida!